This month has been a mother of a month when it comes to buying pens and markers. I've maaaaaybe spent, *gulp* about $55 on goods. Between a trip to New York which involved treks to Pearl Paint and Kinokuniya (an amazing Japanese bookstore) and the recent suggestion from a friend to check out JetPens.com (damn free shipping with $25 purchase!) means I'm set up with ink for quite awhile. I've at least been using all of my goodies and have had some fun trying out fountain pens. Way easier and more consistent than pen and nib. I definitely see myself making real use of everything I've bought. I've even discovered some new favorites! The Kuretake Fudegokochi Brush Pen and the various gray tones of brush pens are providing ENDLESS amounts of joy. I expect to be posting lots and lots and lots more doodles and sketches.
From left to right and then top to bottom:
- Platinum Preppy Fountain Pens in Fine and Medium
- Tachikawa Comic Nib Fountain Pen - G Model Nib
- Pilot Double Sided Brush Pen - Hard Tip - Black & Gray Ink
- Kuretake Fudegokochi Brush Pen
- Sailor Pocket Brush Pen - Fine
- Zebra Disposable Brush Pen - in Super Fine and Regular (I think)
- Faber Castell Large Marker - Brush Tip
- Tombow ABT Dual Tipped Brush Markers in various shades of gray and black
- Staedtler Mars Graphic 3000 Duo Watercolor Markers in gray tones
Overall my favorites are all the Tombow and Staedtler markers, the Kuretake Fudegokochi brush pen (major favorite!), the Pilot Double-Sided and the Tachikawa Comic Nib. I've no doubt that every one of those pens and markers, though, will be loved and used on the regular. This April was better than Christmas!